LAYOUT IN 7MM SCALE BASED ON AN ESSEX VILLAGE
Kelvedon & Tollesbury Railway opened in 1904 and
provided a much needed means of transporting
agricultural produce from the Essex marshes to the
Great Eastern main line at Kelvedon, and also to the
Wilkins jam factory at Tiptree. The line finally
closed to all traffic in 1962.
layout supposes that a line was built from Tiptree
to Goldhanger, a village on the River Blackwater, to
serve the area further up river from Tollesbury.
Although fictitious, the layout is based on K&TLR
practice in the 1930ís. The track plan, station
building and engine shed bear a passing resemblance
to Kelvedon Low Level. The rolling stock is typical
of the mixed trains of the period, including the
Wisbech & Upwell tram coaches, which were
transferred when that line closed.